HomeSupply are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 - GDPR).
PLAIN ENGLISH SUMMARY - We use your details to process your payment (via SagePay/Paypal), send your item(s) and refer back to if there is an issue - so that we can provide the best customer service. We use basic "cookies" to provide you with a better shopping experience and we use Google to provide us anonymous feedback on our visitors and to help advertise our products.
We are proud to be a UK owned and operated company, based in Devon. We like to keep it simple - our pages aren't covered in Facebook "Like" requests and other potentially "spammy" links. There's no complicated user account/password to set up, you won't be bombarded with unwanted emails from us and we NEVER sell your information. For the full legal terminology version, please see below.
- Scope of Application
- Information we collect and how we use your information
- When we share your Information
- Blogs, Reviews and Forums
- Our Security Measures
- Keeping your Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Transfers Outside of Europe
- Third Party Links
- Children's Privacy
- How to Contact Us / Data Protection Officer
Scope of application
Information we collect and how we use your information
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give to us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Website; (3) Information we collect from third parties.
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect.
Information you give to us
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, postal address, phone number)
- Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
- Your communications and contact history with us (email enquiries, telephone calls and 'live' chats)
- Other information (such as product reviews, service reviews and other user-generated content)
|How we use information you give to us||Why we collect it|
|Accept payment, fulfill orders, provide refunds||We use your name and contact details to fulfill our contract with you and deliver your orders, and we use your payment information to process payments and comply with applicable law.|
|Sending you order information||We need your name and contact details to deliver important information to you, such as order confirmations and notices.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use information you provide to us to train our staff, improve our services, and perform internal analytics and performance monitoring. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Website
- Recently viewed items (purely for you to navigate between items)
- Geo-location information (such as IP address, browser information)
- Cookies and similar technologies (such as web beacons)
|How we use information we automatically collect||Why we collect it|
|To provide customer service and process returns||We use your order purchase history to uphold our contract with you and ensure that you have a great customer experience.|
|To offer an improved user experience||We use anonymous customer data to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Website.|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We have a legitimate interest in protecting the Website to comply with applicable law and to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use automatically collected information to train our staff and perform internal analytics and performance monitoring. We have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use automatically collected information such as cookies and similar technologies to provide the most relevant advertising to you.|
Information we collect from third parties, such as Google.
- Basic information (such as demographic data, fraud detection and anonymous interaction with our Website)
|How we use information from third parties||Why we collect it|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We may obtain your information from third party service providers and/or partners (e.g. identity verification services) and combine it with information we have about you for fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
When we share your information
We share your information with the following categories of recipients as an essential part of being able to provide the Website and related services, including customer service, to you:
- Companies and individuals that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, logistics professionals, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as advertising partners.
- Functionality cookies, which allow you to navigate the Website and use our features.
- Analytics cookies, which allow us to measure, analyse and understand how our customers use the Website, and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookies is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on this Site, your IP address will be shortened by Google prior to transferring it to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. You can prevent Google's collection of your information through the Google Analytics cookies by downloading and installing available browser plug-ins, for example the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics.
- Customer preference cookies, which help us remember your preferences (like your location) and make your experience more personalised to you.
Blogs and reviews
The Website also may, from time to time, offer publicly-accessible blogs, reviews or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from blogs, customer reviews or forums, please see Your Rights and Choice below. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your information.
Our security measures
We use appropriate technical and internal safeguards to protect your information from unauthorised use, disclosure, and loss. Data transmitted to HomeSupply is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS). We use a PCI compliant secure credit card processor and do not save your credit card number on our information systems while placing an order. If you have questions about the security of your information, please contact us at DataProtectionOfficer@HomeSupply.co.uk.
Unlike many other online retailers, HomeSupply does NOT create user "accounts" - you simply purchase what you want and have it delivered without the additional need for a password and the potential security issues this might create.
Keeping your information
We will keep your information for as long as we need it to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or disclosed to you at the time of collection. We may also keep some of your information as required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud or abuse, enforce our Terms & Conditions, or for other legitimate business purposes (so long as keeping it for such purposes does not infringe upon your privacy rights).
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymise it so that it no longer identifies you.
Your rights and choices
You have the following rights related to the information that we maintain about you:
- The right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate information we hold about you.
- In some circumstances, the right to request that we delete your information.
- Direct marketing - We do NOT send direct marketing emails/messages as we aim for a spam-free experience.
- The right to request that we transfer your information either to you or a third party.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator.
Third party links
We may provide links to third-party web sites that we do not own or control (generally, product manufacturers). We are not responsible for the information collection practices of these third-party websites and do not endorse such practices. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before providing any information to or through them.
The Website is not directed towards children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under 16, we will take steps to obtain the consent of that child's parent or guardian prior to processing that child's information any further. If do not obtain the parent or guardian's consent, we will delete the child's information from our systems.
How to contact us / Data Protection Officer
We always welcome feedback from our customers - especially with your questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices. Please don't hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer by sending us an email at DataProtectionOfficer@HomeSupply.co.uk or by writing to us at:HomeSupply Retail Ltd
FOA: Data Protection Officer
8-10 Faraday Mill Business Park