Secure Shopping @ HomeSupply
At HomeSupply, we understand our customers' requirements for a totally safe and secure online shopping experience. Since our inception in 2004, we have provided top level 128-bit and 256-bit secure transactions through our Sagepay payment gateway.
In addition to the encrypted SagePay Payment Gateway, we also have our own SSL (secure socket layer) Certificate from industry leaders, Comodo, which means that EVERY piece of information you enter while using our site is also encrypted on our own dedicated web server.
Look out for the padlock on your Internet browser. This should be displayed to the left of our web address at the top of screen. Feel free to click on the padlock icon for further confirmation that you are dealing with the right company.
We (and Google) recommend that you only ever use sites that provide this level of security while shopping online.
Another useful indicator of a web site's service and trust levels is feedback from it's customer base. We use TrustPilot for our customer service ratings as this provides an unbiased summary of the overall HomeSupply shopping experience run by an independent 3rd party - beware of web sites who only offer filtered (and sometimes fake) customer comments which are held within their own site structure.
A company is nothing without it's staff and at HomeSupply we are proud to have a professional and dedicated team who understand the importance of high levels of customer service. Many of our customers have never previously shopped online, so it is important to keep them informed and assured throughout, from order processing to delivery.
In 2007 we decided to work towards the prestigious Investors In People accreditation and were very proud to be awarded with the standard in October '07.
We believe that a company which can demonstrate an excellent commitment to it's staff will also show a similar commitment to it's customers.
Here are some other things to consider when shopping online:
- Company contact details - Is the contact address and telephone number displayed clearly (as per UK law)?
- Manned landline number - Does the web site provide a proper landline contact number?
- Professional web site - Is the web site clear with properly presented images?
- Clearly marked prices - Beware hidden costs! Avoid sites that attempt to hide VAT - under UK law, VAT inclusive prices should be given at least equal prominence when displayed with ex Vat prices. Shipping costs are also sometimes misleading - HomeSupply charges a single shipping cost of £6.99 PER ORDER so you can buy as much as you like without worrying about the costs of delivery.
- Just as in face-to-face deals, buy from someone you feel comfortable with. We always strive to offer the best brands at the best possible prices but price should not be the only factor when considering where to purchase. Many items sold on Internet auction sites for example, will not come with the warranty and backup service you may expect and often the Distance Selling Regulations do not cover auction site sales.
We hope the information provided is of interest and that it helps you make an informed choice whenever you choose to
purchase online. We would welcome any comments you may have - please send emails to or call on 01752 705522.